Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ireland admits he could leave Manchester City


Stephen Ireland has admitted there is a major question mark over his Manchester City future.

Ireland has struggled this year, starting only 16 Premier League games with a further six appearances from the bench.

Injury, illness and loss of form have combined to see a virtual ever-present from last season reduced to spending much of the campaign on the bench.

With a major review of playing staff certain to follow the failure to secure a Champions League berth next season, Ireland knows he could be one of the players who faces the axe.

"There is a question mark over next year for me,'' he told the Manchester Evening News. "I don't know what will happen. I am contracted to City and all I can do is carry on doing my job and performing well when I am called upon.

"If anything changes during the summer it will be down to the club, not me. It has been a difficult year because I care so much about my job.

"I care about my game and about the club but there is a lot of frustration bottled up because I have not played as much as I would have liked.''

No comments:

Post a Comment